Friday, April 17, 2009

From Duet to Trio


Today we happily discovered that we are expecting a baby! Katherine had been feeling ill the past few days, which caught our attention and got us thinking. After sitting on the couch and saying to each other "do you think we might be pregnant?" we finally decided to do a home pregnancy test.
The first test was positive (as were the next 2, just to make sure), and our reaction was one of overwhelming joy! After much celebrating, and while still in shock, Katherine sat down and figured out that Baby will be here sometime between Dec. 23 and Jan. 1.... a holiday baby!
We are excited, honored and humbled that the Lord would see it fit to send us one of His children, entrusting them to our care. We hope and pray that our home will always be one full of love, where the Spirit of the Lord will reside, and where our baby will grow in love. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we begin our journey into parenthood.
We will keep all of you updated with posts and pictures, there will be so much to share!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Welcome to the wacky world of pregnancy and parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I found your blog. Your welcome to visit mine as well. Have an awesome pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I just found your blog and saw on Facebook that you had your first ultrasound today! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! I too am expecting and due October 6th. I just had my first ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. It made it feel so much more real to me. I hope you're getting past the sick part! Yeah again!! I'm excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And someone was worried that you were not having an interesting enough life to have a blog? I think you took care of that for at least the next nine months :).

    ReplyDelete